Two Error Messages From Entourage 2004

seefilms

Registered
First: I'm running OS X 10.4.2
And Entourage 2004 version 11.2.0

This is on a Powerbook 1ghz, 1mb L3 cache, 1gb SDRAM.

Two separate problems:

Problem #1 -- It refuses to allow me to send email larger than 10 megabytes. Also, if i place a 5 megabyte file into an email, somehow it turns into a 6.5 to 7 mb file. I don't understand that.
Nevertheless, over 10 megabytes and no go. This is the message it gives me:

Error ------------------
5.2.3 Message exceeds maximum fixed size (10240000)

Explanation -------------
Mail could not be sent.
Account name: "seefilms SBCGlobal"

Error: -17099

I subscribe to SBCYahoo! DSL. I've spoken with them. They allow a 20mb file to be sent via email. I tried it via their website and it lets me do it no problem every time. (i hate using their website).

So. What can I do?

Problem #2 -- It refuses to allow me to send to more than a handful of people at a time. The most i've sent to is about twenty. But twenty-three people...no way.

This is the error message it gives me:

Error ---------------
4.5.3 Too many recipients

Explanation ----------------
Mail could not be sent.
Account name: "seefilmsSBCGlobal"

Error: -17099

Please please please help!

Thanks,

Scott

01. 'Also, if i place a 5 megabyte file into an email, somehow it turns into a 6.5 to 7 mb file.' It appears that attached files are being binhex'ed (encoded). If so, expect any attached files to increase in size, prior to being sent.

02. Unless SBC Yahoo! DSL has provided a statement that '... They allow a 20mb file to be sent via email.' in writing (printed or e-Mail reply), or via a web page listing - I am inclined to believe the 10 MB limit posted on their web site.

03. I believe that SBC Yahoo! DSL is limiting you, e-Mail recipient wise. Contact them, ask for the maximum number of recipients per e-Mail message - in writing (printed or e-Mail reply), or a respective web page URL.

From what is posted, I believe that the 'Entourage' errors are the results of communicating with SBC Yahoo! - posting the information supplied by SBC Yahoo!, and not a result of using 'Entourage'. To confirm this - try the following. Download 'Eudora', run it in 'Light' or 'Sponsored' mode, and attempt to send 10+ MB in size (post binhex'ed) attachments; and then send e-Mails to greater than 5 recipients (consider pseudo 'Mailinator' accounts). If similar errors are reported by Eudora' - it is SBC Yahoo! that is restricting your attachment sizes, and / or number of e-Mail recipients.

Back