Type rasterizes in iMovie

mstrwks

Registered
What am I doing wrong? I've tried using both the system fonts and other PostScript or TrueType fonts I have installed on my machine, and no matter what I do the titles in iMovie look great in preview mode, but rasterize when they are dropped into the timeline.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

tami

Rasterize? Are you refering to titles looking blocky, blurry?

Try this... render a short clip out. Play it in QT player. Are they still blocky/blurry? I found that I had this problem, and if I turned on High Quality in QT Pro, they were fine.

Not sure what to do to fix it otherwise, as to me it seems useless if they look like that.

r

I exported a clip for web streaming and also for CD. When I preview the web in the browser, the type is bitmappy and also shoved off to the left of the screen. So it's definitely not properly rendering the type. GACK!

i had that problem (though it seemed limited exclusively to previewing in iMovie - sending a clip to iDVD made it crisp & fine). Now that I've updated to iLife '05, even previews seem fine.

Note that the clips compressed for web Streaming are what, 240x180? Not a lot of res for crisp text to hang out in. I haven't shared to CD but suspect even then it's not over 320x240.

If you're saying that the text is not aligned as you see in Preview, there may be something else afoot.

Back