Typing arabic font in Office v.X

azrad

Not-so-junior Member
im not sure if we had similar thread.

i bought an ibook for my mother last 3 months... she's now learning some arabic language and would like to type-in her note in the ibook.

i have enabled the arabic input key and we did test it on the TextEdit. it works great and she love it. but one problem remains, the TextEdit is actually like NotePad in equivalent to PC side. i tried to write it in word, but the keyboard mapping doesn't work... it turns gray...

did i need to install/update my office so that it enable us to write in arabic language? any help much appreciated.

did you try copy and paste from text edit? Still gray?
I was using arabic letters under 10.2 and office x. On panther I deleted those language packs so I can't test it now. But it worked if that's of any help :)
Did you also adjust the language settings to arabic using Tools -> Language?

yeah... i did try to copy and paste from text edit... still it did not print the arabic language... at the moment.. the ibook is with my mum... hopefully this weekend she will visit me again... then i can try as u have suggested...

it should work and I am sure you will fix it. Anyway, if something is messed up with the office word settings you might want to trash the plist file. But this should be the last option. Good luck, azrad

Back