Ubuntu 7 Feist Fawn in Parallel?

Durbrow

Registered
Has anyone gotten the latest Ubuntu release 7.x Feisty Fawn to work in Parallel? I've tried the 2.4 and 2.6 kernal and it still hangs. Thanks for any tips.

Has anyone gotten the latest Ubuntu release 7.x Feisty Fawn to work in Parallel? I've tried the 2.4 and 2.6 kernal and it still hangs. Thanks for any tips.

Remember that you need to use the disc for "Intel PCs" (aka, the x86 version) on the Intel Macs.

The default kernel in Feisty is 2.6.20. I don't think you can use the older 2.4 kernel with Feisty.

Debian is a different distribution altogether. You might have better luck with that one.

I haven't tried Parallels just yet as I don't own an Intel Mac yet, but I imagine that it should work. It might even work with Boot Camp since Feisty has support for creating EFI bootstrap partitions.

I've installed various versions of Feisty Dawn in Fusion ...
7.0.4 normal i386 both from install ISO and as a vm, 6.0.6, Ultimate ready built vm appliance, Ultimate 1.4 from ISO install and as an appliance, and Ubuntu Studio from ISO - on different Macs; MacBook, MacBook, Mac mini, and Mac Pro.
And all work as they should and get properly full screen in it.
Has Parallels support answered to your questions?

Voila!

How to install Ubuntu (Feisty Fawn) in OS X using Parallels - a complete walkthrough

As for the full-screen issue, are there some tools that need to be installed on the guest OS like you have to do with VMware? If so and you don't have them installed, then that might be the reason. You might also need to change the supported resolutions in Ubuntu before going into full screen mode so that you can get the same resolution as your OS X desktop. For wide-screen support, you might also need to install 915resolution from the repositories.

Back