uh, what are you?

ony_gosshamer

a.k.a. dundee
Okay, I was playing aroud with quicktime 6 (and IE) and this little floating window appeared (see attached). What is it? The only button that does something is the white one. The green and ? don't work. I don't speak japanese (or is it chinese?) What is it? I just installed X 10.1.5 as well...

Attachments

• whatthe.jpg
    whatthe.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 69
oh, and when you do click that white button this floating window apprears (see attached)

Attachments

• whatthell.gif
    whatthell.gif
    78.7 KB · Views: 49
Do you remember the buttons / clicks that you made in order to get that window?

Maybe others can duplicate it and find out what it's for?

that's japanese. as far as i can figure out from the first pic, the first button on the left is for hiragana, the second is for katakana, and i suspect that the third button is for romanized japanese.

as for the second pic, i have no clue. that's a whole lot of kanji, that's all i can identify about it.

sorry i can't help more, but i can barely read japanese...i can just tell the differences between their three alphabets.

I discoverd a similar window in TextEdit a few Mac OS X versions back. I don't know how I got the widow either. I have to look at the keyboard when I type. When I finished typing and looked at the screen, some of what I was typing was there and that strange window. I recognized it was japanese, but don't know how I pulled up the window.

Back