UK iTunes Music Store advert

$9.90 but only £6.99? Check your scales, but I think 6 pounds 99 are a bit more than 10 dollars... I see more than your dilemma... :)

99 US cents are more or less CHF 1.27 right now. Now my question is: Would I _pay_ 1.50 per track? I guess so. It's still a good deal, and if an album costs 15.00, it's still cheaper than albums in stores here in Switzerland. We'll see, we'll see. :)

The point I was making regarding cost is that if they go with costs based on the stock markets then, yes, $9.99 will be closer to £6.00 but that's not always the case. All that aside the BBC Breakfast program has just run a feature on this using the launch of iTMS as a focus and it raised a valuable point. What becomes of the artists right to release their works in the way they'd like it to be heard? Surely when artists create an album it's a gestalt entity, viewing part of a triptych is nice but it makes a lot more sense and has more impact when viewed as part of the whole. If one can simply 'snap off' a track does that change anything? I understand that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers have done something about this.

Back