Unable to add Printer

corimay

PeanutButter
At my work, we have mostly Mac's (10.2) and a couple of PC's, and 2 printers. They've worked fine up until this morning. We noticed that on ALL of the Mac's, the printers were somehow removed from our Printer Center list. I was able to add back 1 of the printers, but the other one won't add or work properly. I get an error "Unable to locate a matching printer description file"

One of the Mac's was able to add the printer - however, nothing prints. He doesnt get any errors though when he attempts to print. My Mac just keeps getting that error above.

If this helps, I'm going through the "apple talk" options, and "Appletalk zone", where it sees the printers, but only let me add 1 of them.

Thanks in advance..

Could it be appletalk was turned off on the printers? Just try to add a tcp/ip printer and see if this works. If it does, then it's an appletalk issue.
Also keep in your mind that you can use appletalk just on one network-config on your machine. For example: I have an ethernet network and an airport. When I activate appletalk for the airport connection, it's lost for the ethernet.. Happened few times for me, since there is no wireless lan connection at my work and I was confused why I lost the printers...
Good luck

Back