Unable to back up DVD movies I own

katezzz

Registered
Hi,

For a couple of weeks I've searched for answers to this, including this site where the posts (115 pages) are mostly a year old. The RipDifferent site hasn't helped either, and I'm afraid to ask a question because they seem so cranky!

I've been getting one or both of these messages when using MTR: Warning: Disc protected with ARccOS and RipGuard.

If I go ahead anyway, DVD2OneX tells me: missing file '/users/kate/Desktop/L_Word_S4_D4/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_ 0.IFO"

That's the latest. And what I don't understand is that the other 3 disc in the series copied without problems.

Sometimes it has been "bad sectors." Other times it seems to be burning (with DTOX) but at the end it says there's been an error and the disc is unusable.

I've tried using Toast but that never works (maybe it's too old– I don't really understand the difference between DTOX and Toast–I believe their purpose is to compress the files to fit on one DVD).

I've looked at the MTR manual of course and there's no answer.

I've been seeing FastDVDCopy advertised but read on forums that this doesn't work 4 out of 5 times and you get no support from them.

I've seen other programs but they're for PCs.

Can anyone help or guide me to finding the answers?
Thank you.

iMac G5
1G ram
Tiger 10.4.11
MTR r14m
DVD2OneX 2.1.4
Roxio Toast 6.0.5

Back