Unable to boot from CD !!

SirFlakey

Registered
Installed OSX clean .. on a Bronze PowerBook - decided I wanted classic for some of my old apps and so wanted to do a clean MacOS 9 installed followed by an OSX PB install on top.

Pity It won't let me boot of my CD - and in addition the OSX StartUp disc crashes (silently).

This leaves me stranded ..

..anyone come across a similar problem ?

see:
http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=868

OSX installs extra files in classic os9, if these files are not there you can't start up from any other system that don't have these extra extensions, even from cd.

You can check if you can start up from another system if your system is listed in the startupdrive program in the folder os9 on osX.

But this happens on my computer but I think more people have the same problem.

I can't even start the startup Disk program. And I would have thought that the "C" key at bootup would override this in any case. I am attempting to blow away the MacOSX drive in any case .. so ANY way I could boot my OS9 CD would be help full.

Originally posted by Spencer
see:
http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=868

OSX installs extra files in classic os9, if these files are not there you can't start up from any other system that don't have these extra extensions, even from cd.

You can check if you can start up from another system if your system is listed in the startupdrive program in the folder os9 on osX.

But this happens on my computer but I think more people have the same problem.

try zapping PRAM, then starting up holding down the option key, then select the drive you want to start up from on the OF screen

Originally posted by endian
try zapping PRAM, then starting up holding down the option key, then select the drive you want to start up from on the OF screen

Did a pretzel-option-shift-del .. and it finally managed to recognize my macOS9 cd ... wooohoo.. I am on the way to have this thing finalized .. =)

Thanks ppl - for your suggestions

Back