Unable to "load up" Office 2004

truckload

Registered
Everytime I go to open an application for Office (except for Entourage) the "load up" screen pops up and just sits there (nothing but pinwheel). I have let it sit for over an hour to no avail. I've installed and re-installed Office and the same problem happens. I've even updated Office as well.

Anyone had the same problem and was able to fix it? Or does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for your time.

Running on OS X 10.3.9.

Do you have any programs like LittleSnitch installed that limit programs access to the Internet?

If so you might be blocking the applications attemts to check for updates, which it does on first-launch.

No, we do not. The funny thing is, the guy next to me has the exact same computer with the same programs and his works fine.

Try launching it with a different user account...

Are you and your neighbor both running as Administrator users?

Try trashing the .plist files. There may also be a Microsoft Folder in the Preference folder with more plist files.

It looks like it was a font problem. There were a bunch of corrupted and way too many open fonts.

Thanks for your help guys.

bobw said:
Try trashing the .plist files. There may also be a Microsoft Folder in the Preference folder with more plist files.
I keep a clean user account set up for this kind of testing. This enables me to quickly confirm if the problem is preferences related without actually deleting an plist file.

;)

Back