Unable to mount drive

morgs

Registered
I am expericing an issue where I can not mount an Xserve RAID after doing a rebuild ?

No error, nothing !

I am running 10.3.9

I have an XServe RAID.

Let me help by telling you what I know.

1. XServe RAID likes SCSI rules. So it should be the first on and last off in regards to the host Mac.

2. The fibre channel cables have to be connected in a specific order from left to right on the fibre channel card.

3. The fibre channel cables are not in until you hear a click.

4. XServe RAID admin is an invaluable too. Use it.

5. Apple Fibre Channel Card needs to be updated to the latest firmware available. Also check for XServe RAID Admin tools.

You probably already know this, but it's my two-cents worth.

Good Luck.

morgs said:
I am expericing an issue where I can not mount an Xserve RAID after doing a rebuild ?

No error, nothing !

I am running 10.3.9

What kind of rebuild were you doing? If you have any leftover screws, that might be your issue! ;)

I have a similar problem.

Right now, I'm in the middle of conditioning the array. I could access everything without problems. I figured, while it's being slow, I'll do an update of the server. Restarted. I come back and now the array won't mount. I haven't done anything to delete the array (and the RAID Admin, when I click on "Arrays & Drives", shows that I'm still "conditioning the array" and gives the % done).

Shouldn't the array still be mounted? The manual says the array should still be accessable even though you're doing conditioning, validation, or rebuilding...

Thanks!!!

-Prince

Back