Unable to play the Game

Nisha S

Registered
I have a game I bought on eBay "Putt-Putt Saves the zoo" for my babysister. I use to play it when I was a kid and loved it. i want her to play it as well. On the CD it says its only compatible for Windows 31, Windows 95 and Macintosh. i have a PowerMac G5 and I really want to have my sister play it.
I was thinking of buying VM Ware maybe it would work that way but I still dont know if it will play on something over advanced for it. What program can I buy to Play this OLD cd?

If you still have the discs that came with your Power Macintosh G5, then you should have the ability to install the OS 9 system files needed to run the Classic environment (if it's not already installed on your Power Mac G5). Classic environment will allow you to play games made for OS 9 and earlier from within OS X.

Insert the disc into your Power Macintosh G5 and see if the game will run. If so, then you already have support for Classic environment available. If not, then you need to use the discs that came with your Mac to install the necessary system files for Classic.

You can also check in System Preferences-->Classic to see if there's a Mac OS 9 system folder already available for use.

Back