Unable to print wireless

thowie

Registered
I have a network set up at home. I have installed a linksys print server and am trying to set up my Powerbook G4 to print to it and haven't been able to for 6 months now. I have a PC running Windows XP that can print to my printer which is a HP PSC 750.

I have downloaded the Gimp-drivers, I have tried everything out there on the web and nothing has helped. Tonight I ran across something and it said to go to More Printers in my Printer Browser. Choose Windows Printing (I set up the Windows XP printer to share). Choose the workgroup and so on. When I do this, I get the same error I get with every other attempt and that is "the process foomatic-rip"stopped unexpectedly with status 1.

I also found this and tried this tonight to:

Option-Click ADD in Printer Setup (for 10.2 & 10.3). Or, Option-click More Printers after Add (10.4). Select Advanced from the bottom of the top pull-down menu. For protocol, select Windows Printer via Samba. Enter this for the printer URI - "smb://192.168.0.4/HPOFFICEJET"

Choose your model and finish.

When I do this, It acts like it's going to print and then stops with no errors or no messages.

Please please please....i'm at my wits end with this. I've been a mac lover for years and this is getting so frustrating.

Thanks
Tanya

Back