Unable to print with lexmark z810 inkjet

fwmvo

Registered
After "upgrading" from OS x 10.4.11 to OS x 10.5 to OSX 10.5.2 slowly the print capabilites went down te drain.

The desciroption of the path to distruction is:
With OS X 10.4 no problems using the Lexmark Z810
After changing to 10.5 printing was only
by removing the usb connector then removing the printer from the system preferences and than re-connect the usb plug of the printer.
Under 10.5.2 only an error message "unable to read CUPS raster data" appears. After which the printer windows claims that the printer is ready for use. But absolutely no printed paper is coming out.

The same procedure as with 10.5 does not have any effect.

Removing the Lexmark files from the library and re-installing from the install dvd does not help eihter.

Neither lexmark nor apple do seem to have any suggestion how to resolve the issue.

Can you help?

System: Imac G5 from 2005 with 2 GB memory and now 10.5.2 as os-software.

Regards,

Frans

The Lexmark z810 series is not supported by Lexmark under MacOS X 10.5. There has, however, been some work done by the opensource CUPS project. Unlike other printers lacking commercial drivers for MacOS X 10.5, the z810 CUPS driver must be compiled by the user. You may find the driver source code and other information here.

The Lexmark z810 series is not supported by Lexmark under MacOS X 10.5. There has, however, been some work done by the opensource CUPS project. Unlike other printers lacking commercial drivers for MacOS X 10.5, the z810 CUPS driver must be compiled by the user. You may find the driver source code and other information here.

Hi, I know this thread is really old. I found it with a Google search, and was wondering if anyone's had any luck compiling this on a Mac?? All the references I can find are about installing under Linux.
Any input is greatly appreciated ;)

That printer is two years older now than when I last posted on this thread. MacOS X 10.5 is now an obsolete OS. Support for the Lexmark z810 did not improve over the last two years. My suggestion is to drop it like a bad habit and move on.

Back