unable to sync and charge ipod

mandoocraft

Registered
Hello,

I own a 5th Gen ipod (clickwheel) that i recently reset, but now it will not charge or sync with my itunes. when i connect it to my computer it shuts off saying, "no battery power remain please connect ipod to power." then it goes to a screen that says "please wait very low battery." i leave it still plugged into my mac and in a couple minutes the apple logo appears and then "do not disconnect." it appears to be connecting to my itunes and begins to sync, but then it shuts off due to "no battery power," repeating the entire cycle it did before.

How can i fix my ipod? i do not own a separate power charger for the ipod and unfortunately the nearest apple store is four hours away.I also don't understand why it won't charge while connected.

Thanks, hope you can help.

Dont know if this will do anything...
Put the iPod into disk mode [hold menu and select, when apple logo appears hold menu and play]. Connect the ipod to the computer again. It wont try and sync so will conserve battery power. Just leave it plugged in for a few hours then hold down menu and select again to bring it out of disk mode.

It may be super low on power so this may help?!? Just a guess though, worth a try

Back