Unclickable Hyperlinks-- OS9.1 question

DaveD

Registered
I have found out from recipients that the hyperlinks which I send are sometimes clickable, but most often not clickable.

They are blue and underlined before I send them. They are clickable before I send them, and clickable when I receive them from myself. They always work for me.

This happens in plain text and HTML formatted messages. One of the recipients uses a Mac and the other one who is telling me this has a Windows machine. I have not been able to find out if the links I send are blue and underlined when they are received. I think that they are blue and underlined, but the Windows user is telling me that I have to make them active hypertext using a manual technique, even though they are already blue and underlined and clickable for me. I think that the technique she describes is not for Mac OS.

I am using the final versions of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer that are offered for OS9.1. The unclickable links are ones that I copy manually onto email and ones that are automatically copied by clicking "Mail-Send Link" in Explorer.

My Outlook Express automatically converts links to hypertext, as long as they are entered in their complete, correct form. They are converted when the document is closed and put into the out box or drafts box. After they become blue and underlined, they always work for me. But, they are often, but not always, not working after being received by others.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Try making sure you include http:// in front of every URL. Might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

If you're sending complete links, then the problem is most likely on the recipients end.

Yep, your recipients may need to copy and paste the url. Their problem could be that they do not have hyperlinks set to show.

Back