undelete files!

trepasticche

Registered
Yesterday I accidentally delete 160 GigaByte of datas (an entire FinalCut project, with movie clips, audio, project files, cache...everything!) from my external firewire hard disk! I have an apple G4 powerbook with os X 10.3. I moved the directory with all the datas in the trashcan and then I emptied it! Obviously, after the accident, I didn't write anything more on that hard drive. I tried to undelete datas using Norton and other software such as Prosoft's Data Rescue, but they were not able to recover that files! The filesystem is an hfs+ and the journaling on that harddrive is disable. What can i do to recover my datas? Why Norton and Prosoft didn't work?
Thanks
Joe

Well, basically your files are doomed. Putting them into the Trash and emptying the Trash are two steps that should remind the user of what he or she is doing. After that, the files are gone. Physically, your files might still be around, but if even those two tools can't recover them, your only choice is a professional data recovery company. Might try and look around for one. They're very expensive, though. Depending on the value of the files for you, they might be worth the money...

Professional data recovery for the files would probably cost you 1000- 2000 euros or more. Mi spiace..

It's time consuming, and you're the one that needs the files back. They can charge high prices because the files ARE important to you. In the US it would probably cost between $100.00 and $300.00.

Back