"Unexpectedly Quit"

sethif

Registered
Several of my applications seem to be "unexpectedly quitting" as of late (more than usual anyway); specifically, IE, occasionaly ICQ and most recently, and without fail, my DivX converter that converts .AVI files to .MOV files. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

I've been noticing this too. Mail.app and OmniWeb seem to be my greatest offenders. I think this started happening after updating to OS X 10.1.3. Anyone else having these problems?

The only crashes I have are usually with IE (a switch to Mozilla fixed that), VirtualPC (total system lockup), and some 3D game apps that use 3d acceleration. I'm not sure but I think some of it may have to do with the unix underpinnings and permissions.

I've been finding IE crashing a lot lately. Pisses me off, since all around it is the best browser for OS X for me. It's been choking a lot lately on Java, actually. Could the problem be the recent Java update?

Originally posted by hazmat
I've been finding IE crashing a lot lately. Pisses me off, since all around it is the best browser for OS X for me. It's been choking a lot lately on Java, actually. Could the problem be the recent Java update?

Yes! IE and Entourage X (occasionally) for me. IE either crashes outright or just hangs. Dang!

Back