unfamiliar with no fixed taskbar

morning said:
Oh yes, my laptop has two finger scrolling, However, sidetrack disables this feature.
Thanks for answering my question about Sidetrack before I even asked it. I was wondering whether or not it would kill two-finger scrolling, and, now that I have it, I don't want to let it go. :)

Mikuro said:
In fact, click-and-hold had a different purpose in OS 9: using spring-loaded folders without dragging an item (I don't know why this doesn't work in X).
Actually, that was _double_-click and hold, and I also don't get why they didn't bring _that_ back as well, when they brought back spring-loaded folders.

fryke said:
Actually, that was _double_-click and hold, and I also don't get why they didn't bring _that_ back as well, when they brought back spring-loaded folders.
I feel the same way. Years ago, when I only used Macs in college, one of the coolest features, for me, was the double-click and hold to get folders to open, one-by-one. I loved it. When I got my iBook last year, it was the first thing that I tried to do, and I was a little disappointed for a few minutes. :( I'd like to see this added back. It was a little time-saver.

Back