UNIX: Midnight Commander

GrBear

Registered
Have any of the unix hackers been successful in munging the configure script for Midnight Commander to work?

I know it requires glib, and that's not a problem.. but the configure script also coughs up another error:

% ./configure
loading cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you must specify one
%

I haven't been able to figure out what arguments are allowed for the --host=<host> option.

Incase anyone is following this thread and wanted to know what Midnight Commander, it's a text based file management system for moving, copying and a bunch of other file maintenance jobs all in a convinient interface. If anyone has used Norton Commander under DOS, it's very similar but packs way more features.

*laughs* as fate would have it, figured I'd go ahead and try to compile glib anyways in leu of getting an answer to this question, only to find glib produces the same error. *ARG!*

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Actually, it's looking for the host type, not the hostname. This particular problem has been resolved by:

% su
% cp /usr/libexec/config.* .
% ./configure

There are a couple other problems though which still won't let me compile. It looks like a issue with the linker. I'm still working on it.

Back