UNIX sharepoints

Brian Watson

Registered
We had a power cut in our Building which meant the Apple XServe and RAID System went off suddenly. When it was restarted someone started the Xserve before the RAID. The result was a problem with the UNIX Sharepoints. When someone tries to log in to our FTP site the server is seen as XServe1 rather than Xserve on the route into the files. Other than reinstalling all the software and users and groups, ftp folders etc is thare a quicker way of fixing this problem?

The system seteup is a G4 Xserve running Panther 10.3 and a 720gb Apple RAID system.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hmm...

Have you tried shutting down the Xserve and starting everything in its proper order (RAID array first and then the XServe)?

If this doesn't work, I wonder if maybe the Xserve lost the array configuration. I know there's a way to do it on PC servers (as I've had to do that on occasion) through the SCSI BIOS on the controller, but I'm sure there's an easier way to do it with OS X Server. As I haven't had the pleasure of working on an Xserve (yet), I can't speak from experience with such a wonderful machine... :)

Back