Unreal Tour Mac / Windows XP LAN?

iGVT

Registered
Hi all,
I have UT (original) for Mac OS X 3.9 and it runs fine between all the Mac systems on the LAN, but I also have 1 Windows Box (XP Pro) which I would like to network too, is this possible?
I don’t actually have the game for PC but I would definitely purchase it if it was able to communicate with the Mac LAN games.

Thanks.

Well I think theoretically it *should* work... but I have not any expirience with it. Have you checked what the release notes of the OS X version of UT says? As far as I know, UT for OS X is not officially developed, but developed by private hobby coders.

No, UT is officially developed by Macsoft and i play my friend over LAN all the time so go for it

Well, the Versiontracker site always made the impression it was developed open source so to say... though neither MacSoft nor Atari mention the patch on their Websites

UT for Mac (and the OSX version) works flawlessly with the PC version. I usually play UT DM matches with my friend who uses Windows version of UT.

there was a (extremely buggy) OS X patch for UT from mac soft the last time i looked at UT:GOTY but that was 3 years ago

I purchased the PC version of UT (GOTY edition), loaded it onto a friend's PC, and then copied the install folder across to my Mac. I then installed the latest Mac OS X vers of UT from Version-Tracker into that same folder and it ran perfectly - proving you don't need to hunt down the Mac version of the game to purchase.

I've played many games against PCs and have only once run into a problem ... hosting the game on my Mac with a specific map would mean that PC players wouldn't see the power-up items. It only happened on one map though, and only when the Mac is hosting.

Otherwise maps, mods and skins all seemed to run flawlessly.

Back