Update apple software

emhag677

Registered
Hello,
the other day I had to re install Apple DVD player (OS 10.3) via extraction with Pacifist. It now works well. But how do I get it up to date with the latest (if there are any) up-dates? Do I have to reinstall all of the osx updates since the release of 10.3?
Thanks

Emil

No. Simply open SoftwareUpdate and let it scan for your software. If there is an update available then it will be listed.

Thanks, but will it scan every Apple software on my HD? Both in 10.3.3 and .5 updates DVD-player is updated. When I run Software update nothing pops up. Is it a way to "force" the updater to check the version of the DVD player?

Emil

You can go to the apple website, and then to the OSX tab, and then go to downloads. You can find apple downloads there, including updates.

emhag677 said:
Thanks, but will it scan every Apple software on my HD? Both in 10.3.3 and .5 updates DVD-player is updated. When I run Software update nothing pops up. Is it a way to "force" the updater to check the version of the DVD player?

Emil
SoftwareUpdate will scan every Apple software. If nothing shows up, then your dvd player and other apple software are up2date. My version of dvd-player is: 4.0

While we're on the subject; can anyone tell me how to uncheck updates to install?

Like some kind of pathetic optimist, I cheerfully selected 'Airport' and 'iPod' software when I installed this machine (or at least I think I did) so it pops up ever time there are new versions of those softwre packages.

Trouble is I still don't have either of these devices, and would like it to not check for them, if possible.
Maybe I'm wrong and this is a default setting designed to wear me down and make me buy an iPod, but I don't think so...

Any ideas?

Yes when these updates come up either select them and hold down command-delete(in 10.3.x, use command - (thats right, minus) in 10.2.x) You also have the option of simply going to the "Update" menu after selecting the updates that you'd like to ingore and selecting the option "Ignore Update" Hope that helps.

Back