Update MAC 10.3.9 TO 10.4 ?

jonrodge

Registered
Hello please help me on this one I want to update my MAC OS to 10.4, can I do this online at the apple store or do I have to buy on retailer? Is it possible to download this online or not?

ps I am from UK but any help would be great. My computer has recently been running slow for no apparent reason and I have decided to update the system, there is loads of memory so that doesnt appear to be the issue?

Lastly the reason for updaing is I have a 3rd gen ipod nano and apparently it needs to be at least mac os 10/4 or above to work on my itunes 7.5.

Any help would be much appreciated.

There is no download for the update. You can go thru the Apple store or another authorized Apple dealer. You might have some luck on Ebay as well. Just check the spec requirements for your system. Also, adding more ram could help for speed.

thanks for that, the only think is the computer keeps crashing my photoshop in partucular is opened and the internet occasionally aswell? guess probably need that software update, thanks.

As your Mac is not operating correctly, I recommend that you DON'T do a standard upgrade but do an "Archive and install" instead. That way you won't be transferring the problem to the new OS.

Back