Updated 10.2.8 Out Sometime Today

Nice work....You need to get out of the house more though ;)

Later,
Eddie

Check your software update. 580kb for those of us that have already updated.

"The 10.2.8 Update (build 6R73) includes an updated ethernet driver for 450MHz and 500MHz dual processor Power Mac G4 desktop systems and an update to the battery status menu."

yeah, dowloading it a`s i write this. i wonder what this new ethernet driver actually improves/fixes. or does it just fix what it broke before?

just a reminder to all to remember to repair your permissions afterwards.

if you've already installed the previous 10.2.8 the new build download is only 540k as opposed to the whole 40 mb. pretty quick and painless to install.

Hey old bearts... we look like an group of old things... heeerk !

I'm downloading 10.2.8... I'll let you know when it's done if everything is ok.

I have the old 10.2.8 but the new one is only 580 KB, I see the new one is 40, I doubt if i will download it.

10.2.7 it exists only for use in new PowerBooks and G5 based PowerMacs!

10.2.8 is actually the correct update to install to ANY 10.2.6 installation... Go for it!

So, far no problems in any of the two Macs that I own (PowerMac G4/933 and PowerBook 1GHz)... Safari really improved ! No crashes while in pre-10.2.8 installation I was crashing it almost without doing anything serious with it! :eek: Surely scrolls faster, too :D

To upgrade older versions than 10.2.6 you MUST use the Combo Update of 10.2.8 and not the simple Updater... Or else! ;)

hmm made no diffrence on my new tibook :)... Im sure it would have made my old Pismo faster though, ill try it out tonight

Downloaded, installed, running just hunky dory.... I notice no difference whatsoever..... oh well. whatever. not like I waste my time with a university T1 line. :D

Finally installed 10.2.8 . The best thing that is on it, for me atleast, is USB 2.0 support. Since im too poor to buy an IPod, ive got an Archos Jukebox 20 mp3 player.

Back