updating mac os for ibook g4

hallatie

Registered
i trying to update a ibook g4 .i've tried updating the system online. each try says system cannot be updated.simply being online is needed and i've tried using different online stations including a apple store. the version is 3.2.1 and im aware of downloading sites.

well the trouble is why cannot the system update while im using the internet. simply i just click update systm and the system should update.same for itunes.

I've no idea what exactly you mean by using "a apple store" for updating your iBook online. Also, there's no Mac OS version 3.2.1 for the iBook. Is it running Mac OS X 10.3.x, 10.4.x or 10.5.x?

What exactly happens when you select "Software Update" from the Apple menu? If, say, you happen to have Mac OS X 10.3.2 on the iBook G4, you would be able to at least download the 10.3.9 combo update directly from Apple's website here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL496 (that one's good for any machine running 10.3.0-10.3.8). If you have 10.4.x, you'll want to get the 10.4.11 combo update, if you're on 10.5.x you'll want the 10.5.8 combo update. That's for the system. For iTunes etc., there also are specific downloads, or you can maybe let the Software Update mechanism do it after you've used the most recent combo update for your system.

(You can't update from 10.3.x to 10.4.x through such updates, those require you buying the retail version of the respective "big" OS version.)

Back