Upgrade to Entourage X- can't import messages

annaeye

Registered
I have very recently upgraded from Office 9.2 to Office X.

However, upgrading from Entourage 2001 to Entourage X and I have managed to importcontacts, signatures, accounts, etc, but my messages won't import. I really need them!

The timing bar moves a little, then stops and it says the action has been performed, but the messages aren't there. However, it has imported the folders.

I have a lot of messages (500MB), could this be a problem? I have tried directly copying the messages file from my 2001 user data folder to my X user data, but that doesn't work either.

If anyone can shed some light on this little problem it would be much appreciated.

AnnaEye.:(

I imported much more messages than that and it appears to have worked fine. I know that wouldn't be the issue. Truthfully, I believe I didn't even import them, I just moved them to the correct folder and they showed up.

Try looking at the structure and type of file used within entourage 2001. If it is the same as X then try moving a copy of these files to ~/documents/microsoft user data/OfficeX identities/(name of your identity)

For Entourage X you'll notice there will be just a few files. Database, Database cache, mailing lists, rules, and signatures.

I've tried doing that, it seems to have copied, for example if I do a file search it shows up as the correct size, but still not actually showing up in Entourage. Very bizzarre!!!

Any ideas?

that is very strange. I really don't know what else there would possibly be.

I tried doing a quick google search and there seems to be quite a bit of good info out there. You might want to start there.

Also I found THIS on version tracker. It should export from e2001 and import it into eX

It could be corruption of the Messages database. Try pressing the <alt> while starting Entourage 2001, at least in Outlook you get the option to repair/compress the database.

Great, worked like a dream after repairing the database, thank you so much!!

And for anyone else who has this problem, it's the option key you need to press

Thanks again,

Anna Eye :D :D :D

ok, I'm curious to hold option in Entourage X, would it clean up my 3 year old database? I hope I get a answer before my curiosity drives me to doing it anyway. :D

Back