Upgraded Powerbook Pismo 550 G4

I only had a lombard, but pismos rock. Nicely upgraded packbacker.
Unfortunately it's a little to expensive for me and not worth the money.
After all I got my iBook g3 for $300 and it had the 384mb of ram, superdrive, airport card and 60 gb hd 900mhz

Yeah I really wish I didn't have to sell it, but I'm a student and I'm moving and need any money I can get. This computer has served me well for many years and I wish I could help somebody else out in need and sell it for less, but those upgrades cost even more than I'm selling the whole computer for and I can't do it right now. But anyways guys, thanks for looking!

I just enjoy upgrading computers, I don't even think about selling them.
I would start the price at $100 and let people bid high.

Prob the best way to go. I found a guy in Utah who had a bunch of new Pismo displays (Apple wanted to charge me $700 for one! No Thanks!) and I won the auction at $250; you never know how high an item can go.

well it's going good so far. I have one bid for 500 and it's only been up for a day. The thing about selling it for 500 is, the upgrades themselves cost me 700 and that was with an educational discount. It was still a whole lot better than daystar's prices which would have been over a thousand, but anyway I can't afford to get any less than 500.

I am glad to be proven wrong! Nice work.

I would say that it doesn't matter so much how much you put into it but what the market considers the value for the item with its current specs. This number can go lower or higher than the desired value for the item.

thats actually a very good deal you got, I like how you put a G4 processor in it, and the superdrive, I looked for a superdrive for mine, but couldn't find one, where did you get yours?

Back