Upgrading to 9.2.1

MrHate

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm having problems with upgrading to Mac OS 9.2.1.

When I insert the CD under OS X (10.1) I get the 'cannot initialize this volume' dialog box (I get that with every data CD i insert btw if anyone can help me with that) and when I install it under 9.1, it tells me it cannot be installed on the hard disk specified.

Any help? it would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Try to upgrade 9.1 booting from 9.1, then insert the CD and try to upgrade, in my case works.

bye

did the 'real' upgrade cd (im using the downloaded burned image) come with 2 cd's? one for os 9.2 and 10.1 ?

Yeah, it's the OS 9.2.1 CD that came with the 10.1 upgrade... but I've tried the downloaded disk image too which is exactly the same

Originally posted by MrHate
Yeah, it's the OS 9.2.1 CD that came with the 10.1 upgrade... but I've tried the downloaded disk image too which is exactly the same

OK, I explain how I did the upgrade, First I booted from 9.1, with the 9.2.1 upgrade Cd that cames with 10.1 upgrade the 9.1. When upgrade finishes reboot with 10.0.4 and apply the 10.1 upgrade.

Note: I performed a customized intallation in 9.2.1, no colorsync and remote acces. Also in 10.1 upgrade deactivate the useless foreign languages for me, only install spanish (in my case).

That's all folks, a freind told to me this upgrade may cause problems in certain machines, especify problems with HD and OS after installation. This problems may cause HD corruption or system corruption. This are only rumors,

I hope this steps help you.
bye

Back