Urgent... Connecting InFocus projector to PowerPC G5

Morgan19

Registered
I have a PowerPC G5, an Apple cinema display, and an InFocus X1 projector. I need to hook the projector up to the Mac and have it display what's on the monitor.

– The G5 tower has DVI, ADC, USB ports (I have a DVI/VGA converter as well)
– The cinema display has USB ports
- The projector has in/out VGA ports, an S-video port, and a USB port

What are my options for connecting the projector to the G5 and have it project while still being able to see what's onscreen? I see Apple has $19 converters on their store site but those seem to be for iMacs with video-out ports.

– Can I connect the projector to the computer or monitor simply with a USB?
– I'm looking for VGA-to-ADC converters– would the Apple store sell such a thing?
– Or maybe something like an S-video to the ADC port would work?

I need the projector set up for Sunday so it's urgent I get this figured out and whatever needs to be purchased purchased ASAP.

Thanks,
m19

Last edited:

– Can I connect the projector to the computer or monitor simply with a USB?
No.
– I'm looking for VGA-to-ADC converters– would the Apple store sell such a thing?
If there is, then it must be rare because Apple dropped ADC years ago. You already have the DVI-to-ADC. Use it.
– Or maybe something like an S-video to the ADC port would work?
S-Video is an analog connection that was designed for TV sets. You are barking up the wrong tree even thinking about it.

Look. You have a DVI-to-VGA converter. Rather than running all around Job's barn looking for something else, you should concentrate on making sure that everything works with what you have.

Back