url of my serveur web?

javanai

Registered
I'm writing a small programme that will be launched on several machines on a LAN and I would like to use my apache/php/mysql serveur to collect data. Does anyone know the url that I should use?

i have powermacintosh G3 blue and white desktop with AOL service.

i have problem with URL.. my www, email with aol works fine.. but the ISP is still not working propertly as it still appears on MAC os 9 error message.

I am still struggling to make "dial out.. relay operator through www" .. using the phone through www.. i received a message saying " URL IS NOT CONNECTED" and "URL IS LOST" .. what is wrong .. how it can be fixed?? im frustrated

jan

Originally posted by javanai
I'm writing a small programme that will be launched on several machines on a LAN and I would like to use my apache/php/mysql serveur to collect data. Does anyone know the url that I should use?
I am not at all clear what you are asking, so I'm thinking others are equally confused:

What kind of data?

What sort of collection mechanism? They push it to you or you pull it from them?

Are you talking about a complied program that will communicate back to your machine? (Don't they call that spyware?)

URL of what?

Thanks. I now see I was a bit vague.
Ok here's the situation.
I'm a teacher experimenting with the use of computers in class. I've got a small computer room with 12 computers linked on a Lan network each with a static IP.
I would like to use my computer as a serveur. I use OSX10.2 with the PHP and mysql installed. I also have a number of years exxperince in flash.
I want to use these two types of technology (Flash and php/mysql) to do a kind of network game. I'm going to make a Flash CDrom and I'd like the game on the CDroms to send messages to the PHP/mysql module on my computer.
To do this on the web, I would write the complete address of my web serveur followed by the path to the file for example http://www.javanai.com/datacollection/example.php?variable=1
In this case the serveur is my computer and I do't know what the adress of my apache serveur is.
Is that any clearer?

Assuming your computer is on the same network as the othr classroom computers, the address for your server is the IP address for that computer. That address can be found in System Preferences: Networking or in System Preferences: Sharing (they call it Network Address). Under Sharing, it will tell you the IP number and machine name, both which could be used to call up your computer.

If you have Web services turned on you can type in the IP number of your server in another computer in the classroom to see if the sever Web info pops up.

I think the answer to your question is really this:
the URL of your apache server is http://192.168.1.1/ (remember to substitute your server's IP number) The "http:" tells it to look for apache on port 80; the IP number is what a "name URL" would resolve to if you had DNS/bind or some other service running on your small network.
Hope this helps.

Back