USB drivers?

BikerRob

Registered
EDIT: Well, I solved the problem on my own. Turns out the issue wasn't with my Mac, it was with the Blackberry - or at least the BB software.
I uninstalled PocketMac and Missing Sync for Blackberry, then reinstalled just Missing Sync, and so far (fingers crossed!) no problems! I've sync'd a couple of times without issue.

Thought I'd post an update in case others were having the same problem.

Rob

Using Tiger, I installed Bootcamp 1.4. I then installed XP. Ever since then, OSX no longer sees my USB ports as "powered". I have a Blackberry, and when I plug it in, it says "this USB port is unable to power your unit ..."
As a result, I can't get it to sync with PocketMac or MissingSync.

The only way to resolve it is to open VM Fusion, boot up the XP drive, plug in the Blackberry to the USB port, THEN shut down XP and Fusion. If I do all of that, my USB ports will work in OSX and I can sync the Blackberry!!

I tried removing the XP drive (using Bootcamp) and I have the same problem. Had to reinstall XP to get the Blackberry to work.

I had hoped that installing Leopard would solve the problem, but no luck. Since I had removed the XP partition before installing Leopard, I now can't even get the USB to work under XP.

I have tried resetting PRAM and Power settings (removing the battery & AC and holding down power button for 5 seconds), but no luck.

Is there a simple way to reinstall just the USB drivers on a MacBook?

TIA!
Rob

USB drivers are not separate installs. Your ports may have been captured by Windows. This seems to be a problem on some Macs, but not on others. Restart your computer in the MacOS X environment and check again.

Back