usb keyboad .....

macosxcrazy

Registered
hi there,

I still dont have a Mac . But i am planning to get one real soon. i saw an imac at an auction site,going off for just aroud $200. The only catch is that its got no keyboard.

I asked my local Apple dealer about a new Apple pro keyboard. he told me that a new apple pro will cost me about $100 ?!!( I am from india...and every mac product here costs thrice as much..)
But the problem is that i dont have that much money to spend. Moreover , i think its an overkill to get a $100 keyboard for a $200 machine ;) But the fact is that i really dont have the moolah :)

Can someone help me with this problem ???????? I just want to know whether i can somehow get a normal PC USB Keyboard (it costs just around $10) to work with an imac ??????? I think that there _must_ be a way to get it working. Has someone tried hacking the keyboard device driver ?????

Yep, i think that i can always use VNC ;)

You don't have to hack anything, most all USB keyboards should work fine with your Mac.

The only things that won't work are all those stupid internet buttons that no one really uses anyway.

The Windows key acts as the Apple key when hooked up to a Mac, and Vise Versa, AFAIK.

I use a Compaq keyboard on a Lime iMac 333. Everything works except for the Internet "Shortcut" keys and the incoming mail light. Beats spending $50+ on a new keyboard :D

Back