USB Keychain drives

Izzy

luv my lil' malteaser
Has anyone ever used these little things? I've been reading a lot about them lately and I was wondering if they really worked all that well.

That to me seems to be the ultimate in portability and being able to transfer files...just plug in and drag stuff, then take home and drag off...

I have an 8MB DiskOnKey that IBM used to sell. I think the company now markets with other names up to 128MB.

I'm quite fond of mine. It's easy to use and works with Mac OS 9/X, Windows ME/2000/XP, and Linux kernel 2.4 without extra drivers. Drivers are available for earlier windows such as 98.

-Rob

Those lil things are real handy. Me and my friends change files quickly and easily with those. I have Mac and most friends have Windows PC. Works fine!

Don't forget you can also just get some SmartMedia, CompactFlash, MemoryStick, or other removable media and use a USB reader. It's not as small as those little keychain devices, but it's useful in more ways that one.

-Rob

Thanks guys, I just wanted to get real world testimony on how they work...sounds like they are pretty handy little devices! I'll be keeping my eyes open for prices. :)

Back