Usb Periperhal Problem

h2omark

Registered
I recently installed 10.3.9 and all the software updates recommened nby Apple for a Dual 1GHZ G4 Quicksilver 1Gig RAM

After installation I lost the use of the USB ports on the back of both my monitors - 20 inch Cinema dosplay and a CRT. Any clues?

BELOW IS FROM a MAC OSX 10.3.x.. thread....

I am including this post form the the 10.3.x thread by someone else - although it pertains to 10.3.8 which didn't cayse this problem for me.

Mar 25 2005, 10:12am
I have a very annoying problem. My USB peripherals aren't working properly. I think the problem arose when I installed 10.3.8.

What happens, basically, is that the USB devices stop working for shorter periods of time. My mouse freezes for two seconds every 10 seconds (this is a loose approximation), for example, giving my optical MX500 mouse the feel of an old, dirty ball mouse on a bad surface.

But the worst part is my MIDI-keyboard. I'm a musician. I need my MIDI-keyboard a LOT in my work but it is acting up. Sometimes it just plain disconnects (lights go off and it stops working and I get a notice that the number of MIDI inputs have changed) or it just stops working (lights are still on, indicating that it is connected, but it is not operating). Since this happens at least once a minute, I cannot possibly work with my MIDI-keyboard. (Application used: GarageBand)

Notes:
I have tried changing USB ports with no success. My iSight seems to work fine, so I think it's only the USB ports acting up.

System:
Dual 1,42 GHz G4
1,5 gigabytes of standard Apple RAM
Dual 180 gigabyte Apple-installed hard drives.
All standard Apple parts. Nothing installed since purchase.
Logitech MX500 mouse
M-AUDIO Keystation 49e MIDI-Keyboard

Is it possible to revert to 10.3.7?
Is there another solution?
When can I expect the next update?
Could it be

Back