USB ports are not working

The Munk

Registered
I have a dual processor 450 G4. I just installed OSX 10.1 two weeks ago, and last week my mouse and kkeyboard kept crapping out on me. I thought my computer was freezing up, but everything else seemed to be running fine. It's just the USB keyboard and mouse that isn't working right. I had it plugged into the monitor, then I moved it to the back of the tower. Every few minutes it just stops working. When I pull it out and plug it back in, it works fine for another few minutes. I have no idea what the deal is. I hope someone can help.

if it were me, i'd take my keyboard and mouse to the nearest place that sells macs or a friend's house and get them to let me plug it into one of their mac-chines. (actually i have done this with a usb device before) if it works fine there i would look at the software drivers that control these two. If that doesn't fix it i would figure it's time to let a technician look at the machine. and i would scream!!!
if it doesn't work on anothe mac-chine, i would find out how much keyboards cost and seriously think about buying one. (ok, i would buy one)

hope this helps. actually i hope you've already fixed it by now.:)

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
if it were me, i'd take my keyboard and mouse to the nearest place that sells macs or a friend's house and get them to let me plug it into one of their mac-chines.

Like Ed said, take it back. I have seen 2 bad USB keyboards out of about 40 that I have had my hands on in the last few years.

Back