usb printersharing in osx 10.2???

new_roti

Registered
hi

how does this work

have an up deskjet connected to my g4 whant to use the printer over network on my pc with win2k.

since a few day i had 10.1.5 and dave ...that works quite well..-.but under 10.2 there was a printerfolder on my pc but there is no printer to use?!?

please help

what is cups?

I don't have a Windows machine on my network but when I was at a friends house and he had Printer Sharing ( System Preferences->Sharing->Service Tag->printer sharing) on. It worked like a charm. he also uses his Linux box with it to. So good luck.

I'm working on a FAQ and some simple scripts for automating this on the mac side, hopefully I'll have them done and posted for you tonight. I have it working fine with my hp deskjet on my mac with an XP box printing to it.

Brian

hi

xp prof. i heard works fine with such things...but win2k?!? i don't know anyone who has the same combination with 0sx10.2 and win 2k.
what about an update to 10.2.1. hase this version any new options or is this like 10.2

i have made some updates last time and at the moment all is working fine ...but printersharing no way.

the problem is : i use the printer mostly with my g4 and not very often on my pc.
would it make any sense to share via win2k?

sorry about my english hope u understand what i mean!

I think you can share the printer with windows from 10.2,

http://localhost:631/documentation.html

might get you started - that's the cups server on your own computer, which offers its own documentation as a web page. Sorry I don't have more info, as I have no access to windows

Back