USB Wireless adapter

chornbe

Who, me?
For reasons I would rather not get into, let's say that I had to stop using my built-in wireless card and had to switch to a USB adapter. Let's also say that the driver for the Asus & Hawking adapters (both re-packaged versions of the same crap) are buggy as hell and cause system panics when large memory consumers + crappy network driver are both in use (iTunes or RSync over the wireless).

(sigh)

Are there better options?

Thanks.

Hello chronbe,

I would like to suggest to you that you use a Netgear USB wireless adapter. Personally, I have found that these adapters work the best on XP, Vista and Mac systems. I have not found many Netgear USB adapters that crash continuously. I hope that things work out for you!

Regards,

Jeremy
Tech Support Agent

I have had good luck with older Belkin stuff. I went through their support, found an adapter that had OSX drivers and dug one up on ebay. It was an F5D6050.

I'd go with a Belkin as well if you can find one, mine worked flawlessly on my old G4. If you can't find Belkin drivers there are generic chipset ones available for some of their models.

Back