usb wireless network adapter

macfiend

Registered
installed AddLogix Model#RT2500 USB wireless adapter to work with Belkin wireless router Model#F5D7230-4.

I do get network utility to 'see' they exist (returns a hardware address).
I tried setting up router (thru built-in html interface) as LAN (tried configurations with and without MAC address of adapter included in list) and then as wireless access point.
After last attempt setting router as access point, USB adapter flashed for a few minutes, to indicate there's activity.
I see router listed (BSSID is the hardware address also appearing in Network Util.) in WirelessUSB.app (which is now 'BelkinWirelessUSB' after installing a wireless driver upgrade link I found through Macosx.com). but it won't connect - returns a statement 'this AP use hidden SSID, please manually configure SSID."
when i put a variety of word combinations, and select "OK" it does nothing after the window disappears.
i had set up a WEP key with pass phrase, tried inputting both passphrase and 10 and 26 digit keys but then turned off WEP (and firewalls, and turned on broadcast SSI) - and still no access.
[I wrote an e-mail to AddLogix's technical support asking for assistance this evening .]
my system profile has been generated, and published.

Previous attempts (weeks ago) using wireless utility found neighborhood wireless signals, tonight they didn't appear, for whatever reason(s).

I've thought about going for a drive and seeing if I can pick up a signal from a coffee shop or other free access point.

Back