Use a Mac for Music.

Trip

Registered
A few weeks ago my band and I decided that prices for second-hand professional CD recording/selling is way too expensive for us. So I went out and bought a really old 1999 iMac, a few wires, and some new software. Now my band is going to record/edit/burn/sell all of our CDs by using our Macintosh!

You're probably asking: "So you made a thread for that?" and my answer is: "Yes, and no." I just made this thread to let you guys know the news is spreading about how easy/affordable it is to do the recording and such using a Macintosh, over 30 more bands here in Utah are starting to do the same, and word is spreading to the "upper artists" as well!

It's great!

don't you need like heavy expensive microphones. And a helluvalot RAM if you're recording each instrument seperatly?

Originally posted by stallo
don't you need like heavy expensive microphones. And a helluvalot RAM if you're recording each instrument seperatly?

Not really, we do all recording one piece/instrument at a time. Then we use a program that's called something like "AudioStudio 1.3" or something like that, I can't look right now because the Mac is at the recording studio right now and I'm at home.

For the actual recording we use some Clearsong Mics, and a 1999 iMac+zip drive. Then we take the music (on a zipdisk) and put it on an updated 2002 flatscreen iMac where we burn the actual CDs.

[EDIT: I can't spell today. :p]

hm... i remember the time me and some friends recorded this stupid song with three different voice tracks and one music track. Which was really ineffective, but then we used an old original iMac 233, and problably a lousy recording application. But still, I would say that a mac is far better than a PC in that matter:)

Back