use iMac as tv/ps2 screen???

eco

Registered
found a few usb connections, such as MicroTV and a few others... thing is i want to play my playstation 2 on the 20" screen (by the way, its a BRAND NEW iMac, so it's powerful enough if it needs to decode tv stream)... but i keep reading that theres a delay with the microtv... so im just trying to find out what will actually work... and PLEASE don't comment if you have no experience, except like me by reading reviews... thanks!

I have the EyeTV 200 combination. What you are seeing is the delay of the software so a user can backtrack missed video. I don't own your device but there might be somewhere in the program's preferences to turn the delay off. You might what to start by going to the programs' preferences and seeing if you can turn off the delay.

I just got the TVMicro a couple of hours ago. I wasn't planning to use it for gaming, but I will give it a try at somepoint. I am using it with a MacBookPro, and an external monitor. The external monitor is acting as my TV in the office now. Works really well, and easy to set up. The delay is noticeably shorter than the connection going through a TV. Still not sure how good it wil lbe for gaming though.

Back