Use Quicktime to Play OGM/MKV?

heero884

Registered
Is there a Quicktime codec available to playback OGM and MKV video files? I'm currently using VLC but I would love to be able to use Frontrow to play these files back.

No, I don't think so.

The Xiph component will let you open ogg audio files, but I've never gotten it to work properly with ogm movie files (it's not really supposed to, as far as I know).

mkv support is apparently planned for future versions of Perian, but the current version doesn't have it. Keep an eye out for updates.

No, I don't think so.

The Xiph component will let you open ogg audio files, but I've never gotten it to work properly with ogm movie files (it's not really supposed to, as far as I know).

mkv support is apparently planned for future versions of Perian, but the current version doesn't have it. Keep an eye out for updates.

Thanks for sharing your insight!

PS: i found the programs in your sig to be quite useful, thanks again!

.mkv is now supported by perian. I know this post is old but it will help newer searches for those looking.

.ogm on the other hand i can't say for sure they don't say at their sight that it's supported though.

.mkv is now supported by perian. I know this post is old but it will help newer searches for those looking.

.ogm on the other hand i can't say for sure they don't say at their sight that it's supported though.

Thanks for the update!

Back