Use your Bluetooth phone to remote control your Mac!!

this is way beyond incredible. saved me from having to buy a remote for itunes.

if i knew applescript, i could do literally anything.
sheez. i can't get over how awesome this is!
anyone know how to change system volume in applescript? i want to create a menu that does that, too ^_^.

Does anyone know how this amazon.com rebate works? It says free when you sign up, but where can i get quotes for monthly fees, and what provider do I need to use? Im in the market for a cellphone, and I might as well get a useful one :)

check at&t wireless. www.attws.com. better yet, go find an AT&T wireless store. they're offering $100 off of the T68i right now. i think T-mobile is offering a better rebate, but i've had horrible, horrible experiences with T-mobile. maybe their GSM service is better, i'm not sure.
to get the real skinny on service plans and rebates, just visit your local store. the rates in-store are always cheaper than online.

Mr. K if I had enough dough to pay for the phone I would, I wouldn't mind waiting for the mail-rebate. Right now I have the Sony Ericsson T300 which pretty cool but it has no Bluetooth capability, I am dying to get the T68i because I will be getting a new Powerbook soon , this combo is about to kill me if I don't get it NOW:D

My Advice get the phone, oh one more thing I use T-Mobile with my cell and so far I have no complaints, I used to have Sprint but those guys suck big.

Wow, 100 reviews on VersionTracker and still a 5.0 rating. Not 4.7, not 4.9. 5.0! I don't personally remember seeing that before on VersionTracker... only one guy gave it less than 5 out of 5 stars. I wish I had a bluetooth phone just to try it out!

Originally posted by mr. K
Does anyone know how this amazon.com rebate works? It says free when you sign up, but where can i get quotes for monthly fees, and what provider do I need to use? Im in the market for a cellphone, and I might as well get a useful one :)

Yeah, the way it works is easy...
You purchase the phone from amazon.com, during the purchase process you also need to pick the plan for the phone, since this phone is from T-Mobile, you have a list of various T-Mobile plans. You pick the plan, give your CC info, and wait for you phone to arrive. Don't forget to print the rebate forms right away, as they will be removed eventually.

Now, your phone arrives, you pull it out of the box, also you pull the SIM card out of the box, stick it in the phone, turn it on, and wait. Shortly a message will come across your phone with your phone number on it. Start using your phone

Next, wait till your first bill arrives, once you do, make copies of the bill, your amazon.com reciept, and cut the upc code with serial number off the box, you send those to amazon.com to get your $250 rebate. If you purchased a plan that costs more then $34.95/month you can also send in to get a rebate from T-Mobile, they require a copy of the first bill and reciept. Send them all in, wait for your $300 to arrive. (note: always check to make sure you're sending the right thing, i'm stating off my memory of what i sent in two weeks ago)

Brian

This software is just so damn cool. I had to pick up bluetooth usb adaptor last night so I could play with it. I have a nice pretty Bluetooth Sawtooth at home now, I'll have to take pictures of it as I have it setup so the front of the tower now has a blinking blue light while bluetooth is activated :)

Brian

Now why doesn't somebody make a bluetooth remote for the mac? I'd love to have all these features (like the proximity sensor) but already have a cellphone. Maybe Apple should make one. That would make for a very, very cool included accessory imo.

does this only work with the t68i? I am not a big fan of the t68i, and my next cellphone purchase will be this phone the v600 which has bluetooth built-in as well. Will it work? I am assuming no...

now with ichatstatus it sets me away when i leave and 'available' when i enter the room. useless and awesome ^_^.

I guess I'll NEVER actually USE this gizmo, but I have to admit that it's one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time. Are there still MacHack awards at WWDC? Something like that would certainly have given the dev an award...

Since I have the new PowerBook G4 12 inch and T68i and I do presentation at school and work, this app saved me the money to buy the Logitech Presentor (US$199). I have purchased the s/n instantly when I found the release of Clicker :)

Yep, that's certainly a good use. Usually, when I do presentations, though, I'm near my 'book, so I have never had any trouble just using the keyboard and trackpad...

Usually I have to stand in front of the class and there is only a short desk to place my PowerBook. So with the Bluetooth clicker I can freely move around and point to the projected screen :) I really love this app!

Back