Use your old Epson printer with 10.2

Zeal

Registered
DON'T THROW AWAY THAT LEGACY PRINTER JUST YET...

Did you upgrade to OS X and find out that Epson weren't going to support your legacy printer with the new OS? Think you were going to have to fork out more money on a new printer? That's exactly the bind I found myself. And I've been searching around for some sort of driver-hack that will make my Epson Stylus Photo EX work.

Well, I've just found Gimp-Print (check it out at www.macupdate.com ). It's fantastic. It even works on printers like mine that are connected with a USB<–>Parallel converter. It is compatible with a huge range of other printers also, so go check out whether your printer is supported here ( http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php3 ).

And if you read their Readme you'll see where to download ESP GhostScript. ESPGS allows you to print PDF and Postscript files. I don't think it works anything like Birmys/iProof PowerRip, but it does print PS & PDF, so that is a huge bonus.

And the software is free. Don't ask me about CUPS printing or anything technical like that.

The software installed quickly and easily, without the need for a restart, and I was away printing for the first time OSX. FANTASTIC.

Get this software on your computer immediately. The easy instructions will have you up and running in only 10 minutes.

:D Zeal :D

Back