user picture file lost after system update

ged3000

Registered
Hi!

Ive recently updated my computer from OS 10.3.9 to Tiger, and completely wiped my hard disk to do so. I made a complete backup of all my files, onto a bunch of DVDs.

However, when I came to set up my new (and swish, and fast) system, I found that Ive gone and lost my user picture, and i deleted the file it came from yonks ago. Now, I know this is pretty trivial, but I kinda want it back...

Ive looked in all the places I could think of (like the address book folder in ~/Library/Applications Support/ and /Library/User Pictures/) but I just cant find it.

I though maybe if I could find where the preference is kept to tell the computer where to find its user pic, I could find the same preference in my backup, and then trace my missing picture, so I had a look at all my invisable prefs files (like .GlobalPreferences.plist) and finally found the preference in NetInfo Manager - in "local @ localhost - /users/gedmanning" in a property called picture (currently set to "/Library/User Pictures/Nature/Lightning.tif").

Now, I guess that leads to my question... Does anyone know where Mac OS X 10.3.9 keeps its user picture, if you change it to one that doesnt initially come with the system? If not, does anyone know how to find the preference? (presumably in the netinfo database on my backup - I copied all the files I could see when I used TinkerTool to display invisable files and folders, so hopefully I'll still have all the files)

Thanks in advance!

Back