User Rating

CharlieJ

R.I.P bobw
Why not have a user rating system that allows other users to give a rating from 1-5 on their behavior etc, also there could be a comments box?

Ooooh, ICE BURN.

I can't imagine a user rating system working well at all. Some of my favourite contributors here are quite young and prone to running off on tangents or posting utter nonsense - and I'd still rather have them feeling "welcome" as opposed to "judged".

I'll give you one star for that, symphonix. ;) ... I agree: User ratings can be very deceiving. And become something like a popularity contest.

If I'm not mistaken, this site did once have a rating system last year, but it was ditched shortly after it was introduced due to abuse and general negativity. It's possible I'm confused with another forum, though. Either way, I think such things do more harm than good.

User ratings? That idea sucks.....I can't imagine anything good resulting from it; it would be divisive and create dissension. The vexing little wanker rates a zero for this one.

Well, thinking about ratings, why not rate threads... And I don't mean popularity here (that obviously can be read from the amount of answers), but rather the helpfulness of a thread. I'm sure it could be abused as well, but I think a thread rating would be more helpful for users than user rating.

Well, thinking about ratings, why not rate threads... And I don't mean popularity here (that obviously can be read from the amount of answers), but rather the helpfulness of a thread. I'm sure it could be abused as well, but I think a thread rating would be more helpful for users than user rating.

Hey, lol We currently already have that :D
Scroll up above "#1" it is there :D

I could say it was irony, but actually, I forgot about the thread rating mechanism. ;)

Back