/Users/Shared

halitri

Registered
Is there a way to see /Users/Shared from the Finder without going to a Unix shell? Having had my Mac for 4 days now I'm still struggling with the fact that Finder seems to hide the real structure of the hard drive from me, and I'm used to Windows Explorer where I can start right at the root of the drive.

I have read some articles that eluded to the /Users/Shared directory which I have gone to a Unix shell to see, but surely there must be a way to see that in Finder.

Um, click on the hard drive icon to open "/"

Then double click on on the Users folder to get to "/Users"

Then double click on the Shared folder to get to "/Users/Shared"

That was way to obvious and easy for you to have not tried that. So I suspect there might be something else wrong. Where do things go awry for you?

You can also send the finder to any directory with shift-apple-G.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel like an idiot...

It's that Windows mentality engraved in my brain. I never double-click "My Computer" on my windows desktop, I just click the "Windows Explorer" shortcut I have on my taskbar, so I was repeating the same task I perform in Windows without even thinking of it that way.

Not a problem, sometimes it is the little unconscious things that are the hardest to change.

The finder's "Go to Folder" will open Unix style folders in Aqua Finder windows , if you know the folder's path

Back