Using 2 printers in Panther?

chicodoggy

machead since 91
I need some help. I am having trouble using two printers in panther. I have a Brother 1440 laser and a Brother 210c multifunction. Both work alone but can't connect both via usb and choose printer on the fly as I wish. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You have to select one as a default. That would be the one you use most of the time.

I would assume you need to connect both printers to the main usb connection, and not to a hub. You might consider purchasing an ethernet hub and connecting them via ethernet instead of usb (if your printers allow that).

You need to set up two printer prefs, one for each printer, and you should be able to switch between them as they are plugged in (as long as they are both in the main usb ports, not hubs).

Let us know the situation. :)

I have two USB printers hooked up to my system via a USB hub and both work fine. I am able to select which one to print to "on-the-fly" by choosing the printer in the Print dialog at the top out of all my programs.

What is the exact problem? When you say you can't do it, what errors do you get? Do the printers just not work at all? Do they try to print, but don't? Do you have both printers added in the Printer Setup Utility? What happens if you hook both printers up, select the printer you want to print to in the print dialog and then try to print?

Yep. Could just be an issue of "how do I select the printer I want" rather than, "my printers don't work." Possibly?

Back