Using ALT Tab to bring app to foreground Question

scottc12

Registered
I'd like to be able to use ALT TAB to select my app and bring it to the foreground regardless if it is minimized. Is this possible? I cannot seem to accomlish this and it really drives me crazy..

Any Help would be greatly appreciated..

Scott

Scott,

If you use cmd-H (hide) instead of cmd-M to hide the application, alt-Tab will bring it back to the desktop when you select it.

-Archie

Command-tab lets you switch between apps. Mac shortcuts don't use alt; they use Command (that's the key with the Apple and/or the flower-looking thing on it).

Also, see http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265416 for another discussion on alt+tab equivalents.

Edit: Oops, I see I misunderstood your question a bit. There is no way to bring a window out of the Dock with the keyboard (which is a big part of why I hate minimizing windows...but that's another matter). Clicking an application's icon in the Dock will bring up its minimized windows, but only if that application has no other windows open.

Thanks Everyone.. The cmd-H seems to do the trick.. I guess I just need to get in the habit of using cmd-h instead of using my mouse or cmd-m.. Thanks again for the quick response..
Scott

Now that I think about it, I very rarely minimize a window. Probably because I'd have to click on it to get it back. Not even Expose shows it.

BTW, Welcome to MacOSX.com.

Doug

Back