Using Bump as recommendation tool

Doloresy

Registered
I read today about how you can use the iPhone app ‘Bump’ as a sharing/recommendation tool as in where to go & to eat. Has anyone tried this and how does it work?

I have never heard of that app. For that functionality, I'd go with Urbanspoon - it has most places, recommendations, and functions for most places in US. And it's free. As is creating your own recommendations for the places you like.

I also downloaded recently an app called Snapfinger as it was advertised in some game I play (so to get my 5 free mojo from installing it). It's basically the same functionality, or "ordering food easily online in your area" - never mind it's just a Subway/white middle class/lower middle class type chain food place finder. (So, I didn't find a single place with Snapfinger that would have anything I'd want to eat)

I have never heard of that app. For that functionality, I'd go with Urbanspoon - it has most places, recommendations, and functions for most places in US. And it's free. As is creating your own recommendations for the places you like.

I also downloaded recently an app called Snapfinger as it was advertised in some game I play (so to get my 5 free mojo from installing it). It's basically the same functionality, or "ordering food easily online in your area" - never mind it's just a Subway/white middle class/lower middle class type chain food place finder. (So, I didn't find a single place with Snapfinger that would have anything I'd want to eat)

Hm.. yeah I do use Urbanspoon too, but I heard that Bump makes it really easy to share with you friends with a 'bump'. I probably should try to find more info on it. Thanks :)

So does Facebook Places. If I like some place, I check in places or maybe even add a photo of what I had there.
I also recommend places to friends living in the same area with other means - word of mouth, email, suggest when going out.
But I guess if your friends would already be using that app then it might be different.

Back